Internships as Real Ministry Experience
Internships at Wilmore United Methodist Church are high expectation ministry commitments that give interns an opportunity to immerse themselves in the local church. We want you to engage your head and heart with your hands for God’s Kingdom by giving you real ministry experience and training. These internships are unpaid part-time staff positions at Wilmore United Methodist Church, typically requiring around 20 hours a week, and may be used to fulfill educational requirements.
- All persons involved in Wilmore United Methodist Church ministries and worship for at least 6 months may apply for an internship, even those not enrolled in academia. Only a select number of internships are available each season.
- Review the Internship Manual for Wilmore United Methodist Church.
- Review internship job descriptions below and follow the directions for applications.
- The Wilmore UMC pastoral staff will review all applications after the application deadline (see below).
- Following the application review, some applicants will be scheduled for an interview process.
- After interviews, each applicant will be contacted with an internship acceptance or rejection.
Season Deadline Estimated Response Date
Winter October 1 October 15
Spring October 1 October 15
Summer March 1 March 15
Fall March 1 March 15
Internships currently available for application
First Time Interns (Applications due by March 1, 2016)
• Assistant Internship for Summer or Fall 2016
Returning Interns (Applications due by March 1, 2016)
• Administrative Internship for Summer or Fall 2016
• Bridge Ministry Internship for Summer or Fall 2016
• Children’s Ministry Internship for Summer or Fall 2016
• Connections & Care Ministry Internship for Summer or Fall 2016
• Worship Internship for Summer or Fall 2016
• Youth Ministry Internship for Summer or Fall 2016
• Preaching Internship for Summer or Fall 2016